Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
ZTV Feedback/Ideas wanted (Re: Retron 5)
When the Retron 5 console eventually comes out, I plan on doing a video on it for the show.  I would like to get some feedback on potential games that I try out in the video.  For those that don't know, the system is capable of playing games for NES, SNES, Genesis, Gameboy, Gameboy Color and GB Advance.  So if anyone has suggestions on games to try out on this sucker, post em here.  They can be games that I've already covered on the show, or ones I've never done.  Please note that I may not have the carts in question that you suggest, but your feedback will be useful. 
[Image: uBt9pzb.png]
If you're feeling lonely today... come along and throw your cares away!
We're really glad that you're our friend, And this is a friendship that never ever ends!
NES: Ducktales (MTPO and Castlevania 3 would be good tests of the hardware)
SNES: Super Castlevania 4
Genesis: Streets of Rage 2 (let's see if they got the sound right)
Gameboy: Tetris
GB Advance: Metroid Zero Mission

[Image: blocked.jpg]
(09-15-2013, 11:44 AM)LordVermin link Wrote: NES: Ducktales (MTPO and Castlevania 3 would be good tests of the hardware)
SNES: Super Castlevania 4
Genesis: Streets of Rage 2 (let's see if they got the sound right)
Gameboy: Tetris
GB Advance: Metroid Zero Mission

Hyperkin does have gameplay footage of Mike Tyson's Punch Out!!, and Castlevania III running on the Retron 5 on their Youtube channel.  The videos also use the graphic filters, and other features included with the system.  Some videos show off the overclocking feature which lets you fast forward the gameplay, so if you see the game randomly speeding up, that's why.

http://www.youtube.com/user/hyperkingames

They also had an interview recently that goes over some important details.

http://www.technologytell.com/gaming/117...verything/

My recommendations would be to try any games that have some kind of special chip, or other games that weren't compatible with other clone systems before (assuming you have any games like that).  I think you should definitely try out your reproduction carts.
[Image: ZE21KXS.jpg][Image: JOJO+TO+BE+CONTINUED.gif]Eat it everyday!
NES: The Guardian Legend (because I'm full of surprises like that)
SNES: Super Castlevania 4 OR Contra 3 (Dat Mode 7). Starfox would be a great test of the system's super FX chip handling.
Genesis: Streets of Rage 2 (let's see if they got the sound right) [Verm's got the right idea]
Gameboy: Donkey Kong 1994 (Does the Retron 5 respect Super Gameboy type changes to games?)
GB Advance: Fire Emblem 7
"These words of wisdom come with lack of vision.
This is the first day I've ever had to stand and witness."
NES : Predator.

That is all. I believe in paying misery forward *nods*
[Image: N28tOyw.jpg]
(09-15-2013, 02:28 PM)Weehawk link Wrote: NES : Predator.

I need the .gif of Darkness laughing at Lily saying she wants to kill the unicorn as my reaction to this but I don't have it.
(09-15-2013, 02:28 PM)Weehawk link Wrote: NES : Predator.

Thank God I don't actually have that cart
We're really glad that you're our friend, And this is a friendship that never ever ends!
(09-15-2013, 02:40 PM)Z-Force link Wrote: [quote author=Weehawk link=topic=838.msg16058#msg16058 date=1379255290]
NES : Predator.

Thank God I don't actually have that cart
[/quote]

I can fix that.

[Image: P1010272_zps5b0869b0.jpg]

Don't make me do it
You gotta play big mode, man.