Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WWE Thread
(11-07-2018, 10:20 PM)Red Dog Wrote: The best I can tell Matt Riddle's gimmick is that he says "Bro!" a lot and can't afford wrestling boots.

Yep that's pretty much the whole deal, plus smoking the ganja (but I guess they won't reference that in WWE land).
Tranquilo...
Cue Zandig
"Are you aware the skies are merciless?"
(11-13-2018, 07:14 AM)kokushishin Wrote: Cue Zandig

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SQ7_5MMboo4

JEEEAYZUS! THERE WAS FIVE OF THEM! IT TOOK FIVE OF THEM! NOBODY DOES THIS TO ZANDIG! NOBODY DOES THIS TO THE WIFEBEATER! AAAAAAAAAAAAARRRGGGHHHH! OOOOOH MY! YOU ARE GONNA DIE!
[Image: ZE21KXS.jpg][Image: JOJO+TO+BE+CONTINUED.gif]Eat it everyday!
"You're gonna get your fucking head kicked in!"
War Games was a bit of a mixed bag for me. Performances were solid, but only 2 matches really went the way I wanted. It is funny, though, how I KNOW it's just fiction and these people are playing characters, but when an nWo style screwjob happens I STILL get pissed and want to kick things. If every Baesler match is just going to end this way I'm going to have to start skipping over them.
I really don't like Matt Riddle. Kudos to Ohno (HE'S FAT) for putting over the new guy like that, but I would have rather seen him kick Riddle's teeth in. Cause I don't like Matt Riddle. Not even a little. Not since Mike Mizanin first cursed my TV has someone rubbed me the wrong way like Matt Riddle. Cause I don't like him at all.
Black had to go over against Gargano, I know, but I am just much more interested in seeing this newly driven insane Gargano go at it with been insane the whole time Ciampa, who drove Gargano insane. Aleister Black is just the same every time. Cold stare, Fire Pro strikes you to death, back to cold stare. Very impressive stuff he does, but I'm kind of over him at this point.
Velveteen Dream DESERVED to lose after copying Hogan most of the match. Bleh. Loved that DDT finish by Ciampa. I also like how he hugs the belt tight to his chest whenever he has it, like Gollum with his precious.
I am so glad NXT has the War Games match. I have missed it over the years. Not-DX taking on Rico Chet, Dunne, and War Raiders was easily the most fun match of the night and every one of those guys was shining. Bobby Fish is a pro going into a match like that just after coming back from an injury that shelved him for most of the year. The final moments of both teams pulling themselves together in each ring and painfully stalking towards each other with intent to kill was such a strong moment of story-telling. Chaining finishers made for a great finish.
Now I don't know if I even want to try watching Survivor Series. This is becoming a running theme where NXT goes in strong and I know that the main show isn't going to put in half of the effort they did. I love Survivor Series matches as a concept, and as a Thanksgiving Night tradition, but I don't give two shits about brand vs. brand. Though maybe going in believing I'm going to be disappointed will make any kind of good showing seem better? GAH, PSYCHOLOGY.
[Image: knives_striker_scott.gif]
I finally completely gave up on the entire WWE product after they decided to not only put the belt back on Brock, but have him completely demolish and trivialize Braun Strowman at that Dumpster Fire of an event in Saudi Arabia. I stopped even looking at news and show results, only to find out from Gabe that they turned Daniel Bryan heel, thus making me glad of my decision to give up on the entire WWE product

Going through the recaps it seems the effort was mostly there but the final results were pretty much "lolRAWwins"
It's a shame there's so much dross because the bits I like I really like.
https://www.wwe.com/article/dynamite-kid-passes-away

A truly flawed human being in many aspects, yet one whose influence is easy to see all over the world.
And now The Axe as well:

https://www.wwe.com/article/larry-hennig-passes-away