Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WWE Thread
I really liked Neidhart. The Hart Foundation was one of my favorite tag teams when I got into wrestling. Sucks that he's gone.
[Image: knives_striker_scott.gif]
Spider-Man Film Rankings:

7. Spider-Man 3
6. Amazing Spider-Man 2
5. Amazing Spider-Man
4. Spider-Man
3. Spider-Man Homecoming
2. Spider-Man 2
1. Johnny Gargano vs Tommaso Ciampa

Johnny was wearing gear depicting Spidey getting taken over by Venom, which sums up the feud so far nicely.

I actually don't like the finish of the Last Man Standing match. It looked a little silly (and the only way to not look silly would mean hurting yourself for real, so pick a different angle). They had to rebook the match without Aleister so it can be forgiven. Overall, this continues to be the best complete feud I've seen since Bret vs Austin, with hatred and great matches in equal doses.
Tranquilo...
I actually thought they were going to go for a Double KO finish which would lead to an even more brutal match to finish the feud once and for all, like HIAC or something.
[Image: uBt9pzb.png]
If you're feeling lonely today... come along and throw your cares away!
We're really glad that you're our friend, And this is a friendship that never ever ends!
(08-19-2018, 09:49 AM)Z-Force Wrote: I actually thought they were going to go for a Double KO finish which would lead to an even more brutal match to finish the feud once and for all, like HIAC or something.

I was thinking the same thing, and maybe that would have worked a little better.  My guess is that Black was going to take the fall in the Triple Threat, and once that wasn't an option they tried their best to keep the story in a holding pattern until next time.

There was a lot of other positives.  I think the "worst" match was Velveteen Dream vs EC3 and that still over-achieved.  In any other era, Dream would be a guaranteed main event star once he's more seasoned in the ring.  He had "Call Me Up, Vince" airbrushed into his tights, but the moment that happens, he'll be reduced to comedy jobber like half the roster.
Tranquilo...
I was saying last night that I think instead of being used purely as developmental with everybody eventually getting called up to the "Main" rosters, that NXT should be its own brand with its own top level stars. That way you wouldn't have so many tragedies of people getting to the main rosters which are getting overbloated anyway and then getting shit on. For every Elias that gets massively over on the main roster, there's 3 Bobby Roode's that become a waste.
[Image: uBt9pzb.png]
If you're feeling lonely today... come along and throw your cares away!
We're really glad that you're our friend, And this is a friendship that never ever ends!
Doc Dean (You might have seen him on THE MUTHASHIP getting beat up by Regal but he was better known for the Liverpool Lads and beating Lyger that one time at BOTSJ) died this week as well.

With the usual caveats Gargano apparently banged his knee pretty badly.

I kind of just hope they'll let RR be RR (and RR be RR for that matter.)

The rest is just kind of wait and see, with the hope that they're just not going to kill time until November (or April as it seems) again.
"Are you aware the skies are merciless?"
Just running a few of these by while I'm trying to get my random notes back in order.

*Surfing Clutch (Naoki Tanizaki) - I remember reading that it was just a delfin with him doing his surfer taunt, but I was never quite convinced. He is active as a freelancer lately but I'm not sure how much of his old shtick is still in use.

*Narcissist Clutch / Idol Clutch (Yutaka/YUTAKA) - I'm not sure he kept this when he came back from injury. Even doing wayback on the old Osaka Pro fansite they mention different stuff.

*Taku Iwasa holds in general- one of my closest friends used to be a huge mark for him, circa Florida Broa and Tozawa-juku, but even he wasn't sure And of course, he hasn't been in a ring for quite some time (apparently he has some sort of backstage role).

*Decent pics or clips of Kensuke Sakaki's other strangle holds
"Everyone has a breaking Point"- Becky Lynch
The precious is back in its rightful place, the rest is kind of just there and I'm sure these overseas supershows aren't helping that regard either.
I kind of figured there would be shenanigans in LU, but I didn't see that last one coming.