Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The WWE Thread
More than likely a fake shoot but CM Punk was getting me weak plus telling the truth did anyone else see this?
THE KING of thread killing tech
I was listening and laughing.  I heard him get cut off but I missed whether it was just the show ending or if they cut his mic.  I've heard of burning bridges before, but not while you're still on the bridge. Smile  I'm sure the shooting was encouraged before he went out there to get heat, but I can't imagine Vince or Johnny Ace or anybody in the back being happy with what was being said (even if it was true).
[Image: knives_striker_scott.gif]
Really wish this was on youtube so I could see what you're talking about.
Zacky: now that's gravy on 360, but on PC it's hooking you up with servers all the way in Germany and shit.
LordVermin: yeah, he's been complaining about that too, I think he was looking up how to call somebody a faggot in german the other night
http://angrymarks.com/?ArticleID=14366
you can hear it.
Just watched it on YouTube, there's no way that was a shoot, they'd've cut his mic WAAAAAAAY earlier if it was.
"Indefinitely Suspended" according to the WWEbsite.  Out of curiosity I checked out the Post-raw WWEniverse chat, lot of folks commenting of course but the WWEMagazine person in the chat chimed in a few times to say that Punk was in a meeting with "most of the people he just called out".  THe last comment they made was "He's been in there at least 25 minutes.  The rumors you are hearing are true".  I dunno, in this day and age you can only believe 25% of what the company feeds you and maybe half of what the internet says, but to me if they were that outraged at what he was saying why let him go for 15 minutes or however long it was before cutting him off?  It wasn't like he was sugar coating anything from the beginning.  They let him talk about the company not getting any better with Vince dying because of an incompetent daughter and son in law being there to take over but cut him off when he is about to trash their Bully campaign?  Odd priorities.  There's a part of me that thinks this is just WWE attempting to work the smart audience, but it's hard to imagine letting a guy go that far in ranting on you and your bread and butter.
I feel for Punk in all of this and can kind of relate to his state of mind.  It has been eerie for me reading his tweet messages the past week and hearing the news about him and then going into his rant tonight because it parallels to my own state of mind at my job lately (though I don't have a contract ending anytime soon Wink ).  I can see the temptation of going off on people you are frustrated with, really I do, but in the end can ANY good come of it?   Companies are going to act in their best interests, even if what THEY think is best doesn't match what employees or even customers think is best.  In this case, CM Punk airs the dirty laundry, speaks his mind and gets it out of his system, but other than a moment's release of tension, what does it accomplish?  Vince McMahon isn't going to suddenly go "OH MY GOD, it's SO TRUE, what have I been doing with my life?".  He's going to just punish him in whatever way he is capable of doing.  That's what McMahon does, whether you work for him, don't, or are dead, he finds a way to punish you for slighting him in any way.  Until you are in a position to make him money again.  The fans are going to have huge reactions for a few days, both good and bad.  Their will be people villafying Punk and people touting him as the new hero for this generation.  But all of them are still going to tune in to Smackdown, and then RAW again next week, and by that point they'll stop talking about it and go on to the next hot topic of the day.
I agree with everything Punk said, and have probably said some or all of it in conversations with various people on here over the years, but I'm not a wrestler who has to find work the next day after saying those things.  While he's got valid points, airing them on the air in front of the crowd and live on TV isn't very professional and I fear it's going to hurt him in the long run (if this isn't some convoluted stunt by WWE, as I mentioned before).  Is New Japan Pro Wrestling or ROH going to be as high on him knowing that if he perceives treatment they give him as being "bad" or "undeserved" that he might say the same things about them on live TV in front of thousands of people?  I dunno.
[Image: knives_striker_scott.gif]
lol this thread encouraged me to see a shoot CM punk did on Jeff Hardy, which I then watched a shoot Sean Morley did on Jeff Hardy, which led me to see the Main Event of Victory Road 2011 for TNA.

Oh Jeff, finally, FINALLY the world is fully realizing what I knew all along.
Zacky: now that's gravy on 360, but on PC it's hooking you up with servers all the way in Germany and shit.
LordVermin: yeah, he's been complaining about that too, I think he was looking up how to call somebody a faggot in german the other night
Feh, thank you to Eckert for linking it to me but that wasn't even one of the better ones. Warrior's was better. Hell if we're talking about "in-house shoots regulated by the target of it", even Edge's were better, but that's because he was freely allowed to insult anyone and everyone so long as it wasn't Cena or HHH.
This reminds me of Joey Styles' worked shoot a few years ago. The fact his current gimmick is that he's gone in a few weeks (which I'll admit is something different) tells me the promo was a logical next step of the angle. A guy like Punk who got himself blackballed by the veterans by his own shitty actions on a few occasions wouldn't get that much time to talk if it weren't planned.

This shit is always blurred beyond recognition, though. They can claim the promo stepped over a line near the end and we'll never know. Bryan Danielson's "suspension" and the Matt Hardy/Edge/Lita thing come to mind. In the end they're carnival promoters and they're here to work us, even when real life gets integrated in the story.

I hope it's all planned, because it's exponentially more interesting than anything else they put out. And even if not, they gotta have Punk on that PPV for the $$$.
Tranquilo...
(06-28-2011, 04:32 AM)Red Dog link Wrote: In this case, CM Punk airs the dirty laundry, speaks his mind and gets it out of his system, but other than a moment's release of tension, what does it accomplish?  Vince McMahon isn't going to suddenly go "OH MY GOD, it's SO TRUE, what have I been doing with my life?".  He's going to just punish him in whatever way he is capable of doing.  That's what McMahon does, whether you work for him, don't, or are dead, he finds a way to punish you for slighting him in any way.  Until you are in a position to make him money again.  

Most accurate thing I've ever read referencing Vince McMahon.
[Image: blocked.jpg]