Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mega Man 9 music
This isn't brand new news or anything, but in case anyone is interested and hadn't seen this.

http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=music/rockman9original

I think "Mamga Burning" is my favorite out of the bunch. I also recommend "Concrete Jungle", "Thunder Tornado", and "We're The Robots".

Although the one 'riff' on Concrete Jungle makes me think "shorty got low-low-low-low..." so that can be annoying depending on your perspective.
Tranquilo...
(09-23-2008, 03:23 AM)yawsh link Wrote:This isn't brand new news or anything, but in case anyone is interested and hadn't seen this.

http://www.rockmanpm.com/?p=music/rockman9original

I think "Mamga Burning" is my favorite out of the bunch. I also recommend "Concrete Jungle", "Thunder Tornado", and "We're The Robots".

Although the one 'riff' on Concrete Jungle makes me think "shorty got low-low-low-low..." so that can be annoying depending on your perspective.

I read "on par with MM2" in there. That's a TALL order, cowboy.

I'm going to have to check these out and hear for myself.

[Image: blocked.jpg]
It's not THAT good, but perhaps better than 1, 4, 5, and 6. Mileage may vary.

Another one to try out is "Maze of Death," which took time to grow on me. It's almost like an 8-bit Dynasty Warriors tune at times.
Tranquilo...
My favorite themes are Plug, Magma, Wily 2 and Tornado (in that order). However, all of the tracks are great. Metal Man and Wily 1-MM2 still lead the league in terms of epic theme music though.

Slight derail: I have the game itself, the whole thing is a blast, and it feels like a return to form (and I really liked the Time Attack modes and challenges). However, there are a few things I wish Capcom did a little differently. Note that I'm not touching the DLC with a 10-foot Strike Chain.
"These words of wisdom come with lack of vision.
This is the first day I've ever had to stand and witness."
I've thought the idea behind MM9 is great and i am happy to see one of the big game companies trying to do something different and new, even though its an old idea. From what I've heard, the music is dead on to classic megaman games. I hope more companies look at this and realize that you don't have to spend 20 million on a game to make one people will play. That being said, I'd rather be chemically castrated then ever play another megaman game in my lifetime. I am sure that my hell will involve megaman in some way.
[Image: N28tOyw.jpg]
The nice thing about WiiWare/XBLA/PS Store is that it allows developers to make those smaller budget games and still have a big market for them, and also to experiment more with different types of stuff.