Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Rant....
(09-01-2008, 12:16 AM)The Zacky link Wrote:It's "practical" for a 70 in WoW to have something to use his ever-growing strength against. It's not "practical" for me to really be levelling my Pokemon past level 60 or 70 towards any sort of challenge thereafter.

I don't think practicality should be factored in when you're talking about something that's done for fun. If it's fun, you do it because you like doing it, regardless of other concerns.
[Image: blocked.jpg]
I know I have a point somewhere, I'm just using the wrong words to use it.

All in all, I don't agree with reviewers being harsh on "time wasters" in certain games since every single game has time wasters. especially since reading through the "9.4" Gears of War 1 received, no mention is made at all about the absurdity of the Online vs. achievements. (100 kills with (insert one of every single gun in the entire game), and then "get 10,000 kills online")
Zacky: now that's gravy on 360, but on PC it's hooking you up with servers all the way in Germany and shit.
LordVermin: yeah, he's been complaining about that too, I think he was looking up how to call somebody a faggot in german the other night
(09-01-2008, 12:16 AM)The Zacky link Wrote:
Quote:How does gathering 50+ members to go after ONE boss apply towards "practical application" then? If your level 70 character is so bad ass, you should be able to murder anything you want, even if you have to spend an hour taking drinking potions and smashing the fucker's face in.

Those high-end armor sets in WoW do shit for you if you're off fighting a "raid boss" alone. I don't see how that is practical at all. More over, these raid bosses will probably kill you in two hits anyway opposed to the ONE hit it took before. Not worth the time if you ask me. Leveling up to 13 felt like a chore for me. I don't think I'd have to patience to grind my way to level 70.

Or you could replace "raid boss" with "pvp". That was a rather obtuse tangent to go on considering I wasn't referring to group formation, merely that your level 70 has something tangible to progress after.

It's "practical" for a 70 in WoW to have something to use his ever-growing strength against. It's not "practical" for me to really be levelling my Pokemon past level 60 or 70 towards any sort of challenge thereafter.
Leveling up your pokemanz (Let me show you dem) isn't just for challenge, but for the same reason you claim having a level 70 is useful for PVP. Leveling your team to 100 isn't worthless if you're playing with/against friends/randoms. However, if you're a purely solo player you don't have to worry about a level 100 boss wiping you out because you're alone.

My claim wasn't the formation, if you read my arguement, it was that you HAVE to be with a team no matter what to complete high-end quests. You can't solo a raid quest with your level 70. That was my point. No matter what armor and weapons you're packing, you'd be wasting your time. Ya dig? So what's the point of leveling to 70, hooking him/her up with high end equipment if it's only useful for PVP or certain quests? Exactly.