Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thanks for nothing Nintendo.....
You know, I understand Nintendo's new philosophy of catering more to the casual gamer, and hell who can argue, Nintendo is making money hand over ass with the success of the Wii and DS.  But here I was hoping that E3 would reveal SOME new game for the Wii for me to get excited over.  I know they've blown the wad with most of their main franchises (Mario, Nintendo, Metroid, etc) but I was hoping to get some kind of a bone.... a new F-Zero, Kid Icarus, Donkey Kong, SOMETHING.  Instead, here's the new games announced and discussed at their E3 press conference....

-  A new Wii Sports, including some new addon for the Wiimote to make it more accurate
-  Some fucking snowboarding game
-  WII MUSIC
-  ANIMAL CROSSING WII

I mean I now sit and realize that with the exception of the new Wario platformer (which looks awesome) and possibly Mario Sluggers and Samba De Amigo (I loved the Dreamcast version)  there's going to be nothing but shovelware and casual crap coming out for the Wii.  Oh well... at least we have Brawl.

Meanwhile, there's a lot of good games I'm looking forward to for the DS, but NONE of them are from Nintendo, except possibly the new Kirby game, which is a port of an existing SNES game.  Most of its good games are coming from either Square-Enix, Atlus, or Konami.  And SE's 3 biggest games are ports/remakes of classic SNES games (Final Fantasy 4, Dragon Quest 4, and Chrono Trigger) 

Sorry for the longwindedness and negativity, but after viewing THIS http://www.screwattack.com/E32008/WiiMusic  I just had to get it off my chest.

And to be honest, it's not like Sony or Microsoft really thrilled me either, MS's two big games are Fable 2 and Gears 2, neither of which excite me that much (sorry Aku)  And Sony's big game, God of War 3, won't be out till next year (although Little Big Planet sounds interesting)  Oh yeah, and they are rolling out VIDEO DOWNLOADING SERVICES for X360 and PS3.  Hoo hah!

Agreed. I just bought a wii too. I almost feel like I jinxed it, with this big blowout of nothing.

Almost, as I'm not superstitious.

If you own a Wii (or it's your primary console) and you really want to see disappointment, check out some of the Latest Wii Updates on IGN (http://wii.ign.com). You will get your wish.

Appealing to the casual gamer is not a bad thing. Doing it to the exclusion of the rest of your base, on the other hand, is ruinous and stupid. The saddest thing is that Nintendo KNOWS it's better than this, and -has- been. Remember 2007?

Put it out if you must, it's only smart business. However, you can do it without leaving the rest of us in the lurch. Prove that again, just like you did last year.
"These words of wisdom come with lack of vision.
This is the first day I've ever had to stand and witness."
E3 doesn't matter anymore. It's that simple.

When companies announce big shit, they want huge crowds who'll cheer and roar with joy when a game is announced, not a buncha jounalists. While yeah, they NEED those journalists to be there too, but without the exited crowds for the TV shows etc. there is no point because big crowds cheering for things sells games, journalists asking questions doesn't. Expect real announcements elsewhere.
I understand the frustration. Personally, I was hoping for an official announcement of a new Punch-Out game. It wasn't to be, though.

Nintendo DID say they're working on a new Mario title and a new Zelda one, but that it just takes time to get them right. They may not have anything prepared for the classic base right now, but those two games being in development shows they aren't ignoring them either. Unfortunately, not even Miyamoto can snap his fingers and make a good game. In the meantime, Wii Music is going to make them a LOT of money. If the sales of Rock Band/Guitar Hero is any indication of the amount of idiots with money out there who'll buy this schlock, then Miyamoto just bought himself a 17th home.

Me? Hell, I'm used to disappointment. They haven't made a game on a console that totally engaged me since Punisher on the X-Box. How many years ago was that? 3? I don't get frustrated anymore when things are shit because, for me, they're ALWAYS shit. When something is announced that is actually going to be fun for me, it makes me happy, but normally I expect to be fucked.
[Image: blocked.jpg]
Quote:When something is announced that is actually going to be fun for me, it makes me happy, but normally I expect to be fucked.

There's a prostitution joke in here somewhere.
Zacky: now that's gravy on 360, but on PC it's hooking you up with servers all the way in Germany and shit.
LordVermin: yeah, he's been complaining about that too, I think he was looking up how to call somebody a faggot in german the other night
Think I released seed upon hearing the idea of a new Punch-Out.
I hope the Punchout, Mario and Zelda  titles turn out to be great, and that all this E3 business is simply the calm before the awesomestorm.

Also it's good to hear that this means less than people think.

Edit: Wii Sports Resorts could be a great thing if it has Wi-Fi connectivity and it treats the sports events as well as the original did. I loved the original.
"These words of wisdom come with lack of vision.
This is the first day I've ever had to stand and witness."
(07-16-2008, 10:15 AM)Blueslipstream link Wrote:I hope the Punchout, Mario and Zelda  titles turn out to be great, and that all this E3 business is simply the calm before the awesomestorm.

Also it's good to hear that this means less than people think.

If you're a Zelda/Mario fan, then there are definitely good things coming your way. I'm sure there are lots out there excited as hell for Animal Crossing and Wii Music. I'll probably at least rent Animal Crossing. I played it to death on the GC.

But Nintendo could make me REALLY happy by showing me a Wii-render of Bald Bull's ugly ass face. I can say that for certain. Every time I get the Little Mac assist trophy I smile.
[Image: blocked.jpg]
Quote:But Nintendo could make me REALLY happy by showing me a Wii-render of Bald Bull's ugly ass face

But only if it's for the better. I think Bull and Sandman just got fat in SUPEr PO, and Super Macho just... AGED.
Zacky: now that's gravy on 360, but on PC it's hooking you up with servers all the way in Germany and shit.
LordVermin: yeah, he's been complaining about that too, I think he was looking up how to call somebody a faggot in german the other night
EVery time I get the Little Mac Assist trophy, he usually runs off a cliff or something.