Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thoughts on GTA4
Quote:The game is NOT as good as people are making it out to be, because what they're making it out to be is simply not achievable, even for Nintendo.

Actually, brawl could have been a lot better by something Nintendo COULD have achieved, which was online play. I can't believe Nintendo wouldn't have the funding to create a fighting game with at least feasible online play. Playing with friends can become a serious lagfest even playing just a single state away with myself hosting on a pretty awesome connection, and there's no lobby or dedicated random play. It's you sitting in the lobby for 2 hours while it finds anywhere between 1 and 3 other douchebags to join a game that slows to a crawl and automatically no-contests a minute in.

Brawl is FAR from perfect, with the idiotic challenges (Beating beat the targets a total of 170 times is not challenging, it's monotonous. See "get 400 full combos in training" "beat classic/all-star/boss battles with everyone") and some of the annoying glitches, but it's still a damned great game to me.
Zacky: now that's gravy on 360, but on PC it's hooking you up with servers all the way in Germany and shit.
LordVermin: yeah, he's been complaining about that too, I think he was looking up how to call somebody a faggot in german the other night
This is only a theory on my part, but I think part of the reason GTA4 didn't do as much for me is that I'm a lot more burned out of the series because I played the two PSP games (Liberty City Stories and Vice City Stories)  While the achievement of putting a pretty much full blown GTA game on a portable is impressive, the games were filled with a lot of the same cheap bullshit that San Andreas had, frustratingly cheap missions, etc.  That served to damper my excitement for the series a lot.  Kinda like DW6 has now done to me for the Dynasty Warriors series, but that's a whole different story. 

Quote:Every so often, the internet - and I guess gamers in general - find a new darling and line up to repeatedly blow it until they nearly choke to death on the developer's spunk. Brawl is the current darling.
No, GTA4 is that darling. I'm not going to deny that Brawl has a force of fanboys behind it. I'll grant you that. But saying that GTA4 doesn't have MORE hype behind it, well... It's Rockstar. All they do is hype shit. Manhunt 2 is another case of this. If they had a hype contest, they'd tie with Squenix.

Quote:I don't EVER want to hear a Brawl fan complain about the fans of some other game because the amount of fanboys hanging on Brawl's nuts right now is completely ridiculous. It's just as bad as GTA, Halo and FF7 ever were.
Don't know if I'd call myself a "fan" per se. I like the game, but not enough to deem it"Game of the Year". FF7's all right, looking back on it. Halo's all right as well. But they're not anything spooge over, neither is Brawl.

Quote:The game is NOT as good as people are making it out to be, because what they're making it out to be is simply not achievable, even for Nintendo.

Not to sound like a douchebag, as I'm just trying to continue a discussion, not cause trouble... But you said you haven't played Brawl, so how can you make this claim?

I'm NOT saying Brawl's perfect. God no. It's not. Zacky points out the flaws just fine. GTA4's not crappy by any means either, but it's not what it's made out to be. To me, it's almost a straight jump from Three. Whether I'm right or wrong, that's how it feels to me.

This one's for Lawman: GTA's had FOUR games inbetween 3 and 4. Melee's the prequel to Brawl. There's no inbetween. So even if you were right, Nintendo would have a slightly valid excuse.

Super Edit: Gears Two will probably make the GotY list as well.
(06-01-2008, 06:22 AM)Akubarix link Wrote: [Not to sound like a douchebag, as I'm just trying to continue a discussion, not cause trouble... But you said you haven't played Brawl, so how can you make this claim?

[Image: blocked.jpg]
Touche Captain Fancy Pants... Touche =p.
(06-01-2008, 07:39 AM)Akubarix link Wrote: Touche Captain Fancy Pants... Touche =p.

;D
So you're getting a Wii? Did I read that correctly?
We can haz SOP Brawl tehn!?
Yep. Alcohol is fun.
(06-01-2008, 10:07 AM)Akubarix link Wrote: So you're getting a Wii? Did I read that correctly?
We can haz SOP Brawl tehn!?
Yep. Alcohol is fun.

As soon as I am financially able to get one, and Brawl is (most likely) going to be the first game I get.

Be that or possibly Mario Kart.
I want to get MK eventually. But Brawl's been holding me over as far as the Wii goes. I've also been sharpening my Gears abilities back up due to the sequel...

That and it's funner than shit to yell "DAS BOOOOOOOT!" And while curbstomping someone.
Well I can say one thing for GTA4..... it's the first game in the series I ever managed to complete Wink