Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I'm having a technical problem that is frustrating me.
So, on my old computer, I could go into my sound options, click on properties and turn on "wave out" as a recording option.  Doing that, I could record stuff that I hear on my computer, such as things off of web pages or the internet in general.  With my new computer, I can't do that anymore.  I've tried Google searching and I see all kinds of people mentioning this happening with Windows Vista, but not with Windows XP.  And of those that mention Windows XP, not ONE person has actually offered a solution to the problem.  In fact, every topic I've foudn, out of THOUSANDS of hits on Google mind you, the topic looks like this:

"I can't record Wave Out / Stereo Mix / Whatuhear with my new computer/sound card, is there anything I can do to fix this?"

And in reply, not only is there NO offers of solutions, but you get people actually HIJACKING the post for their own problems.

"Yeah, I'm having this EXACT same problem!  Can you guys help me too?"
"Hey, I am too.  What's the solution?"

Now, I can understand the joy one feels for finding out that someone else is having the same problem as you.  It means there might be a common problem (thus fixable) and thus a way to fix it.  But, I have to ask - WHAT THE HELL GOOD ARE YOU DOING BY POSTING THE SAME QUESTION??  I mean, what is gained here other than the original topic and potential help being lost in a muddle of repetitive posts?

Just had to vent some frustration, I can't find any help for this at all and it's irritating me.
[Image: knives_striker_scott.gif]
(01-09-2008, 03:01 AM)Red Dog link Wrote: Now, I can understand the joy one feels for finding out that someone else is having the same problem as you.  It means there might be a common problem (thus fixable) and thus a way to fix it.  But, I have to ask - WHAT THE HELL GOOD ARE YOU DOING BY POSTING THE SAME QUESTION?? 

I understand. This happens to me all the time, and when there is a solution, it says you have to pay for it. I'd ask Verm, if he has the free time, he seems to fix everything for me.
[Image: Sirens.gif]