Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bioshock wins GOTY from Spike, Halo 3 fanboys up in arms
I got my job at a local GameStop probably because I have a beard.
i'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as i leave
(12-14-2007, 07:08 AM)Ghost link Wrote: I got my job at a local GameStop probably because I have a beard.

Beards have that effect on people.
[Image: blocked.jpg]
Did I ever tell you all how I got fired from Game Stop. Or the fact that it involved police?
No, but I'd be fascinated to hear it, and it probably beats my "How I got fired" story Tongue

Damn. What happened?
Before I give a rundown of it, let me explain that the month of April hates me.
Over the years these events have happened every passing April:
- I've had to get glasses.
- I've been in car accidents.
- My Brother Passed away,
- My Best friend's mother passed away, the SAME DAY 4 years later.
- A close friend of mine died.

Now, that's just the short list. Here's the background story about store 3191 and how Paul G (me, incase you some how didn't get it X3). got fired because of an emo and Bob Saggot look-a-like.

See, the store had a few different store managers. It went from a corperate whore... From BEFORE the EB/GS merge... Who would have sucked your dick if it meant the higher ups would be happy with him. Then we got the best store manager ever, but he was secretive as fuck. Lastly, Joe Greene. The mother fucker who got me fired.

Joe came in on a Thursday. My buddy Mike was a Key Holder. He goes on to tell me how awesome Joe is and how he was in the military. Big fucking deal I thought, if he's got military experience and he works at GAMESTOP, he's made a horrible carrier choice.

He's fucking cool at first. He starts training me to be a key holder as well. But then the emo, who was SCARED SHITLESS OF ME (literally) decided that he'd start brown nosing and making shit up about me.

I noticed my hours were getting cut back, dispite banging out 12+ reserves A FUCKING DAY. I asked "Why the FUCK DOES THAT EMO JEFF HAVE MORE HOURS THAN I DO?"

The reply was a simple bullshit-to-the-face: They cut our hours.

Soon, I had 0 hours for an entire week. I flipped out. I fucking stormed into the store and DEMANDED to know why the fuck the guy who was #4 in the district didn't have hours, but an emo who did nothing but suck off the store manager did.

Same reply. Only this time, I could see Mr. Greene step back when he told me.

...He too, dispite this "training" was afraid of me.

Let me sum it up for those of you who've never seen my picture. I weigh 180 pounds. I'm 5'10'' and I guess it's my personality that creeps people the fuck out. Girls all say I'm cute, so I don't see how ANYONE could define me as "scary".

...The last day of April rolls around. I get a call from my mother. She askes me if I can head out to her apartment. I said "No, I don't have a way there." As I can't drive. She tells me not to go anywhere. So, here I am, confused and not even dressed yet... Instinctively throwing on pants and a shirt and waiting outside to see what the fuck was going on.
...She shows up with a cop. Yes, thanks for the FUCKING WARNING mom. You're a bright one.

Anyway, I get this speel; " Yeah, you're Paul right?" Well I'm here because supposedly A WEEK AGO you threatened to 'kill everyone with a spiked baseball bat'. Needless to say, don't go back in there."

I was as stunned as I was furious. But no matter how you slice it, there's no restraining order. I STILL come and go as I please. I STILL get respect from everyone there... But the two who worked so hard to be rid of me? Moved out of state.

But before that, my good friend of mine had 20+ reserves on hold. I made sure he cancelled ALL OF THEM when the emo was on his shift.

And that's the story of how I got fired bullshit-thrown from gamestop.
..................Thanks for giving me the warning. Suddenly, getting a job at GameStop just fell to the bottom of my priority list. Seriously, if something like that happened to me, I probably would go in and kill the person who got me fired with a spiked baseball bat. You see, I've gotten into countless fights here at school because I tend to be a very short-tempered person. So short-tempered, in fact, that I take medication to keep me from flipping out and reallly killing someone.

I don't think I could handle something like that.
Gamestop is the kind of place you're sure you want to work at, despite countless warnings, because "It's video games, and I love video games, so naturally I should work with video games!".

Nobody behind the counter, who says "trust me, you don't want this job", warns you that you have to take shit from someone who may or may not dislike you for no reason you deserve, that your worth as an employee is based solely on how many people you can get to reserve a game they may or may not have wanted in the first place, and that being the most blatantly cock-sucking shitheads is one of the only sure-fire ways to ensure you're an insured member of the team.

I still loathe the guy who -refused- to cancel my pre-order for Xbox live, swearing "Xbox live is only getting one release, the pre-orders, don't do it man, if you cancel your order you'll never get to play your Xbox online ever". I was trying to move my money over to a new game when my father eventually just bought it for me because he was tried of this guy all but crying about not cancelling my pre-order.
Zacky: now that's gravy on 360, but on PC it's hooking you up with servers all the way in Germany and shit.
LordVermin: yeah, he's been complaining about that too, I think he was looking up how to call somebody a faggot in german the other night
Right like Microsoft would be dumb enough to only allow a select few to hand them money on a yearly/monthly basis Tongue

(01-09-2008, 06:24 PM)headhunter228 link Wrote: ..................Thanks for giving me the warning. Suddenly, getting a job at GameStop just fell to the bottom of my priority list. Seriously, if something like that happened to me, I probably would go in and kill the person who got me fired with a spiked baseball bat. You see, I've gotten into countless fights here at school because I tend to be a very short-tempered person. So short-tempered, in fact, that I take medication to keep me from flipping out and reallly killing someone.

I don't think I could handle something like that.

You have no idea... I should ask Vermin to exhume my opus about working for the fuckfest that once was Electronic Boutique. Now, GS is the same thing- only with a different name.

Get an education and rise above it all. Shit, it worked for me. I work for the US Government. (No jokes, please. It pays good. Really good.)
Enemies=Wrath x the Speed of Fright Squared

Global Moderator at: http://forum.halofigures.net