Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Vermin, you called it....
I loved FF7 when it came out, but I don't think it's aged all that well.  I think for people that think it's the best RPG ever, it's probably because it's one of the first if not THE FIRST RPG they seriously played.  Most of us here have been playing great RPG's going as far back to the late 80's/early 90's (Phantasy Star 1 and 2, the SNES Final Fantasy games, Chrono Trigger, Secret of Mana, Mario RPG, etc etc etc) so after getting over the great (for the time) graphics and effects, we have to sit back and judge the game on its own merits against what we've played before it since the OMGZ graphics and effects don't hold up to today's RPG's.  And if anybody asks me what my favorite PS1 game of all time was, it wasn't FF7, it was SOTN (which ironically enough I'm playing at work on PSP as I type this)
[Image: uBt9pzb.png]
If you're feeling lonely today... come along and throw your cares away!
We're really glad that you're our friend, And this is a friendship that never ever ends!
I know this might sound daft, but I enjoyed FF8 until the start of disc 3, but I found FF7 to be a complete waste of time. I thought completing the first disc(I clearled the game, but you know what I mean) was utterly pointless.

Which I find funny, as FF8 sucks no matter how I look at it, I just seem to enjoy playing it for some retarded reason.
Get this: I was reading the retro section in my GameInformer, and they essentially re-review games. They showed the score it got when they first reviewed it, and the score it has now. THEN = 9.5. NOW = 9.5. That is fucking ridiculous, because I have played FF8, and it's still as much as a total piece of shit now than it was when I played it about six years ago.
I can't be the only one that's amused by the brief summaries of each wrestler on the select screen. Some of them are rather unflattering, though surprisingly accurate. Scott Hall comes to mind. Same with Kevin Nash. Several of the others manage to rival the hilarious nonsense found in the character profiles of Saturday Night Slam Masters and Violence Fight.

High on the nostalgic spirit of old arcade games, I laced up the boots of a created wrestler named Lick Joe Jr., and decided that we would pretend his profile was "Likes to eat punks". He stepped into the ring with CIMA and stomped his ass for about six minutes before making him tap out to the Dirty Sandwich(Anaconda Vice). I pit my lovingly engineered machine against Yoshino and Dragon Kid for the title. Lick Joe Jr. won it in about 26 seconds with a Hoagie Bomber critical. Jae threw himself from a cliff. I got even drunker and things spiraled down from there.

Yeah, it's been a riveting Thursday night.
i'll put the chairs on the tables, turn out the lights, and lock the universe behind me as i leave
(12-07-2007, 08:59 AM)Ghost link Wrote: I can't be the only one that's amused by the brief summaries of each wrestler on the select screen. Some of them are rather unflattering, though surprisingly accurate. Scott Hall comes to mind. Same with Kevin Nash. Several of the others manage to rival the hilarious nonsense found in the character profiles of Saturday Night Slam Masters and Violence Fight.

High on the nostalgic spirit of old arcade games, I laced up the boots of a created wrestler named Lick Joe Jr., and decided that we would pretend his profile was "Likes to eat punks". He stepped into the ring with CIMA and stomped his ass for about six minutes before making him tap out to the Dirty Sandwich(Anaconda Vice). I pit my lovingly engineered machine against Yoshino and Dragon Kid for the title. Lick Joe Jr. won it in about 26 seconds with a Hoagie Bomber critical. Jae threw himself from a cliff. I got even drunker and things spiraled down from there.

Yeah, it's been a riveting Thursday night.

Honoring Lick Joe's memory? You are a scholar and a gentleman.

[Image: blocked.jpg]
(11-15-2007, 04:07 PM)LordVermin link Wrote: the corporate media structure that perpetuates the vicious cycle I described above.

-beatnick.
(12-09-2007, 06:22 PM)JDdelphin link Wrote: [quote author=LordVermin link=topic=167.msg1404#msg1404 date=1195142827]
the corporate media structure that perpetuates the vicious cycle I described above.

-beatnick.
[/quote]

I'm going bald, so I can't be a beatnik. I don't have the hair for it. Wink

-you're not going bald, your hair is rallying on a new front...
(12-10-2007, 03:53 AM)JDdelphin link Wrote: -you're not going bald, your hair is rallying on a new front...

Yeah, I think I'll go with that. It sounds a lot better than 'my hair has been routed and is in full retreat'. Smile
(12-10-2007, 05:09 AM)LordVermin link Wrote: Yeah, I think I'll go with that. It sounds a lot better than 'my hair has been routed and is in full retreat'. Smile

"Behold my molty skill!"
{Aging has arrived!}
{Lordvermin's Hair unit is struggling!}
{Lordvermin's Morale is dropping!}
{Lordvermin's Hair has been routed by Aging!}
{Lordvermin's Morale is dropping!}

"The hair fairy is here to collect and reward!"
{Voluptuous Redhead has arrived!}
{Lordvermin's Morale is skyrocketing!}
Zacky: now that's gravy on 360, but on PC it's hooking you up with servers all the way in Germany and shit.
LordVermin: yeah, he's been complaining about that too, I think he was looking up how to call somebody a faggot in german the other night