Sickos On Parade
The Wide World Of Football - Printable Version

+- Sickos On Parade (http://www.sickosonparade.com/forums)
+-- Forum: Sickos On Parade (http://www.sickosonparade.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Forum: SoP General (http://www.sickosonparade.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?fid=10)
+--- Thread: The Wide World Of Football (/showthread.php?tid=143)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14

The Wide World Of Football - headhunter228 - 10-24-2007

I just have to get this out. This has been bothering me for a few weeks now, to be honest.

I am a die-hard Arkansas Razorback football fan. I've followed them all my life. However, I've only been really excited about it since last year, when Darren McFadden won the Doak Walker award and was a runner-up for the Heisman.  I got even more excited about this year when I heard that star wide receiver Marcus Monk decided to stay on his senior year, and Peyton Hillis was as well. Felix Jones isn't too shabby a running back either, returning for his junior year. I couldn't have been more pumped about my favorite college football team. We were in for a fantastic season.

What the hell happened?

Flash forward about six games, and the Razorbacks are 1-3 in the SEC conference, 4-3 overall. Three of those four wins was against a team that the athletic program had to pay in order to play, they sucked so bad. The fourth win was against Ole Miss, who is ranked last in the SEC.

Once again: What the hell happened?

Firstly, the coach. Houston Nutt is the current Arkansas head coach, and unless he wins every game to the end, he's getting fired (at least, he better get fired). He should've been fired after the Capital One Bowl fiasco, when the Razorbacks lost, for no good reason, to Wisconsin. That slump has continued into the next season, losing three games in a row to SEC opponents (for the past 10 years, ever since Nutt was coach, the first SEC loss of the season always resulted in at least 2 back-to-back SEC loses). Alabama? We had no reason to lose that one. We just made too many stupid mistakes, mistakes that are the coach's responsibility to fix. Kentucky? They were actually good, since they knocked off #1 LSU. If we played well, we could've beat them. We didn't play well. Once again, too many stupid mistakes. Auburn? We tried to air it out way too much, which is something Arkansas is not good at. Which brings me to my second problem

Secondly: Casey Dick. I can't entirely blame him, since it was Nutt who drove off All-American quarterback Mitch Mustain, and he was the only other one who was any good. He likes to pass the ball. Not the short patterns, but he likes to throw deep. He hasn't been able to do this all freaking year. He should realize that he should be concentrating on getting those first downs, instead of trying to make up for crappy performances last year. Just give the ball to Felix or McFadden and you'll be fine, but nooooo, he wants to pass the ball, like the coach says. Well, the quarterback doesn't always have to listen to the coach.

Bear with me here, because I had to get this out. This was REALLY bothering me. Any other football fans here, your questions and/or comments on this subject are appreciated.

Re: Razorback Football woes - JDdelphin - 10-24-2007

...sorry.

One guys name is Nutt, and the other is Dick- and no one saw trouble coming?

(pun not intended but there it is.)

Re: Razorback Football woes - LordVermin - 10-24-2007

(10-24-2007, 09:06 PM)JDdelphin link Wrote: ...sorry.

They just need a ball boy named Harry Sack to complete the trio.

To the OP - I don't watch much college football, so I don't have much of an opinion. Sorry Smile

Re: Razorback Football woes - Z-Force - 10-24-2007

With all the myriad of Bowl games in College Football, I always wished they'd have a "Toilet Bowl" pitting two winless teams against each other, the winner gets to avoid having a winless season and the Loser would be the Toilet Bowl champions... the worst team in the nation.

Re: Razorback Football woes - LordVermin - 10-24-2007

(10-24-2007, 09:32 PM)Z-Force link Wrote: With all the myriad of Bowl games in College Football, I always wished they'd have a "Toilet Bowl" pitting two winless teams against each other, the winner gets to avoid having a winless season and the Loser would be the Toilet Bowl champions... the worst team in the nation.

Charmin would jump at the chance to sponsor that one.

Re: Razorback Football woes - headhunter228 - 10-25-2007

(10-24-2007, 09:06 PM)JDdelphin link Wrote: ...sorry.

[quote author=LordVermin link=topic=158.msg1313#msg1313 date=1193260060]
[quote author=JDdelphin link=topic=158.msg1312#msg1312 date=1193260004]
...sorry.

They just need a ball boy named Harry Sack to complete the trio.

To the OP - I don't watch much college football, so I don't have much of an opinion. Sorry Smile
[/quote]
[/quote]

You know, I can't believe I didn't see that connection......As for Harry Sack, I'm thankful we don't have one.

Re: Razorback Football woes - Yawsh - 10-26-2007

(10-25-2007, 12:59 PM)headhunter228 link Wrote: As for Harry Sack, I'm thankful we don't have one.

You said that intentionally, right?

Please, for the love of Bobo the pink ape, I hope you said that intentionally (and, you know, jokingly).

Re: Razorback Football woes - headhunter228 - 10-26-2007

Ummm....yeah, I did.

Re: Razorback Football woes - headhunter228 - 11-05-2007

UPDATE:

Wow. Dick could actually throw the ball well this week, with Arkansas finally getting a decent SEC win against South Carolina. Darren McFadden also had an awesome game, running for 250 yards plus, putting him back in the Race for the Heisman. However, all that elation disappeared after watching Sunday football. The Chiefs lost to Green Bay, even though they had the lead near the end, and, even worse, the Colts blew a 20-10 lead to lose to the Patriots 24-20. Poor Peyton Manning looked like he was about to shoot someone, and for good reason.

Fuck the Patriots.

Re: Razorback Football woes - Ships Ahoy - 11-05-2007

Tom Brady=Randy Orton of football